Episode 20 features Andrew Petcash, the brains behind The Petcash Post, a popular email newsletter covering the business of athletes, sports, and NIL.
Andrew played division 1 basketball at Boston University and is a great resource when it comes to understanding NIL deals. We talked about his newsletter, college basketball, and NIL.
Photo credit: Boston University Athletics
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Andrew came up with the idea for The Petcash Post
- Building a business through email
- Having an entrepreneurial spirit
- Choosing topics for the newsletter
- Dealing with the pressure of the newsletter
- Growing your subscriber base
- Dealing with criticisms
- Monetizing The Petcash Post
- How Andrew ended up at Boston University
- A D1 basketball player’s schedule
- Should college athletes get paid?
- Do NIL deals solve the compensation problem?
- The best ways to profit from NIL
- Setting yourself up for NIL success
We started (and finished) with a 5 question lightning round.
Random References from this Podcast
Connect with Andrew
This episode was sponsored by Chasing Aces. Listen to our other podcast episodes.