Episode 21 features Tony Starks, a copywriter for TaylorMade Golf and a recent contestant on ABC’s Holey Moley.
We discuss Tony’s 15 year career in the world of golf, as well as his experience on Stephen Curry’s extreme mini golf show.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Tony first heard about Holey Moley
- How Tony became a contestant
- The application and recruiting process
- The recording process
- Holes that Tony was hoping to avoid
- Outfit selection
- Bad breaks
- The Morehouse College experience
- How Tony became a golf writer
- Early job takeaways
- Perks of working in the golf industry
- Challenges of working in the golf industry
- A typical day as a TaylorMade copywriter
- Dealing with deadlines
- Other TaylorMade initiatives
We finished with a 10 question lightning round.
How does Tony really feel about playing mini golf with a Callaway ball? You’ll have to listen in to find out.
Random References from this Podcast
- Adam Schupak (Golfweek)
- Farrell Evans
- Justin Ray (golf stats)
- Point of Entry by Peter Schechter (#affiliate)
Connect with Tony
This episode was sponsored by Chasing Aces. Listen to our other podcast episodes.