Episode 10 features Bharat Kanodia, a Business Valuation Expert.
Bharat is the founder and chief appraiser at Veristrat LLC. He’s a casual golfer and a contributor at Inc.com where he writes about a variety of business and financial topics. He also hosts a YouTube channel called “What’s It Worth?”
On this episode, we talk a bit of golf before diving into the world of business valuations. I had lots of questions about valuing businesses, unique assets and more. Bharat offered some great insights.
Listen in, I guarantee you’ll learn something!
Topics covered in this episode:
- Bharat’s relationship to golf
- Pros/cons of an analytical golfer
- Bharat’s company, Veristrat
- The importance of not siloing yourself
- Business valuations: An art or a science?
- Why business valuations can vary between appraisers
- Approaches to valuing a business
- Big companies Bharat’s valued
- Challenges that come with large valuations
- Startup valuations
- What to look for in a startup
- Unique assets
- Valuing a golf course
- Maximizing the value of your business
- Teddy Roosevelt
Is owning a golf course a good business investment? That depends. Listen in to hear Bharat’s take.
Our time together ended with a lightning round of 8 questions.
Random References from this Podcast
- First, Break All the Rules (management book)
- Theodore Roosevelt for the Defense: The Courtroom Battle to Save His Legacy (Teddy Roosevelt’s libel trial)
Connect with Bharat Kanodia
Listen to our other podcast episodes.