Episode 11 features Mike Wolf, a mini tour golfer.
Michael Wolf is a former college golfer, a current mini tour competitor and the co-host of the Traveling Athlete podcast. For some, playing golf on the PGA Tour would be a dream come true. What many don’t realize is that the journey to get to the PGA is quite the grind. I ask Mike a ton of questions related to what it takes to be a professional golfer. Topics include:
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Mike got into golf
- How someone becomes a professional golfer
- Mike’s daily schedule for life and practice
- What practice looks like
- Key terms: Mini tour events, Monday qualifiers, pro-ams
- Choosing which events to compete in
- Mike’s favorite climate to play in
- How the PGA uses its money
- How Mike defines his success
- Overcoming adversity in a round
- A tournament story (or two)
We ended our time with a lightning round focusing on mini tour questions and Mike’s hometown team, the Cincinnati Bengals.
Does Mike think the Bengals will win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years? You’ll have to listen in to find out.
Random References from this Podcast
- Parker, Arizona
- Golden State Tour
Connect with Mike Wolf
Listen to our other podcast episodes.